Sunday, September 25, 2011

New York, New York!

I recently attended an Investor Conference in one of my favorite places, New York! So I invited my mom along and we went up a few days early to shop and tour the city!

Saturday night we stayed in Soho, which is an area that I haven't really been to before. I loved it! It doesn't have the busy touristy feel of places like Times Square, and it's close to NYU so there's lots of bars and coffee shops and great shopping!


We ate dinner at La Esquina, a Mexican restaurant that I have heard Regis and Kelly talk about. The front of the restaurant is actually a taco bar, and after having to ask somebody, the only way to enter the restaurant is to knock on an employee only door and someone has to check your name off the list, super trendy! So of course I was celeb stalking. No luck but the food was good!


A few weeks before we left, my bestie Jilly came to visit and we were in Anthropologie (as always). I saw a cute cookbook that had healthy ways to make my favorite sweets! I looked up the location in NYC and mom and I went to check it out. The place was super cute, but I think I will stick with the fattening cupcakes!


Sunday was the 10th anniversary of September 11th attacks. I will admit I was a super nervous flyer with all the terrorists rumors, but I really felt privileged to be in NYC with the families of the victims. We saw several carrying around pictures of their loved ones.

The other days we walked around and took in the city when I wasn't in meetings. In fact, one day we were sitting outside of the lincoln center watching the models come and go from Fall Fashion Week when lo and behold my favorite person EVER walked right past me! That's right, Hoda Kotbe ladies and gentlemen! In fact, I was in the middle of reading her autobiography when I left for NYC. Such a star crush!

Here is a pic of us before we went to see Jersey Boys

The weather was perfect and I really enjoyed spending time with my mom in my favorite city. O and the conference wasn't so bad either

No comments:

Post a Comment