Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cheesy POTATO Salad

This post takes me one step closer to completing my overly ambitious goal of cooking through the alphabet! I hate to set another deadline that will more than likely pass without me meeting it, but I think I will finish by the end of the year!

I made this potato salad for a 4th of July party with my sunday school class. I am not a big fan of potato salads that have a hint of sweetness, and when I found this recipe I knew I would love it! It basically taste like a stuffed baked potato, yum!


Ingredients

2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup white sugar

1/2 bunch green onions, chopped

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 tablespoon real bacon bits

Directions

Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enoughwater to cover.


Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, oruntil easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, half of the onions, and half of the cheese. Gently stir in the cooled potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and onions, and sprinkle baconbits over the top.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment