Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Sweet for your Sweet!

Happy Valentine's Day Eve everyone! I wanted to go ahead and post my special Valentine's recipe in case you were still looking for a good treat to make tomorrow! I made these for my friends at work and they are really tasty!

The Ingredients



1 (18.25 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup whipped cream

As you can see I didn't get to use fresh strawberries because they are not in season, but I used the frozen strawberries and drained some of the juice.

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs and strawberries until well blended. Fold in the whipped cream until well blended. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.



I wanted to make the cookies even more Valentines-esque, so I got these cookie cutters from Wal-Mart. And what I love is that I can use different sizes and edges.



I tried different techniques with the cookie cutters and found the best way to keep the heart shape is to wait until the cookies have cooled and then turn the cookie over to make the cut! That way the front of the cookie still looks untouched!

And Voile!



Hope every have a very happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Those are soooo cute and sound tasty! You're so cute, baking treats for your co-workers:)

    Happy (late) Valentine's Day to my favorite smoot!!!
    Love you!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete