Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tunes

Hello blogosphere! I hope everyone is having a very happy Tuesday! I am still not quite ready to post my next letter recipe (see below for a hint) but in the meantime, I thought I would share some new music!



Recently my friends Whitney and Susu introduced me to the band the Civil Wars. It's so hard to describe their music, so I thought I would let the NY Daily News do if for me:

"The Civil Wars aren't a band but a bi-gender duo. While John Paul White hails from Alabama (woohoo) and Joy Williams from northern California, they met in bohemian East Nashville two years ago as professional songwriters. Along the way, White and Williams found they had a story of their own to tell — one that fell far outside the clichés of the country mainstream. They fashioned their budding chamber-folk songs as convincing duets, communicating such clear characters with their voices, they didn't need separate lyrical personae to tell the story. Williams' high and ghostly vocals contrast, and blend, ideally with White's ambidextrous tones."

If you look past the flowery words, you will see that it's definitely a unique blend of music. Well...their first full album was released today and I LOVE it! And if you want to listen to a sample before you decide if you want to purchase the whole CD (trust me you will) ITunes made the self-titled song from their album Barton Hollow as the free single of the week!

Even better news...I get to see them THIS SATURDAY! There's a bunch of us going to the show here in Birmingham, and I can't wait! Hopefully I will get to meet them after the show!



Ok onto my hints for the next letter...




And in case you still aren't sure...I'll give you one more hint! :)



Stay tuned! Hope ya'll have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment