Sunday, October 31, 2010

Changing it up!

In case you haven't noticed, my blog got a makeover! Whenever I first was persuaded to create a blog by my two besties, Gracie and Jilly, I just couldn't come up with the perfect title that described me and what I wanted my blog to portray. But recently, it came to me... I am still single so that part hasn't changed, but I also love to write about some of the domestic things I love to do. Like I enjoy cooking and still plan to continue my cooking through the alphabet (that has almost hit the year mark). I also love to entertain and am already planning some blog posts getting ready for my 3rd annual Christmas party! I am also in the middle of redoing my living room and bedroom so needless to say I have several things "in the works" if you will and am looking forward to sharing it with you! I also feel that some people think you have to be married to be domestic. Au Contraire mon ami!

in light of my new blog, i decided to post some new recipes I'm trying for my dinner tonight with my friends Susu and Whitney. I started with a slow cooker recipe, because they're usually really easy but taste really good!

Chicken with Wild Rice

2-4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped (I used minced onion flakes)
1 box Long Grain and Wild Rice with Seasonings (I used Uncle Ben's microwave rice)


Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle chopped onion over top. Top with cream soup. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours. Cook rice according to package directions*. Before serving, stir rice in. Serve hot.
*Can cook rice the night before and place in refrigerator. Before serving, stir cold rice in and let cook for another ten minutes or until rice is heated through.


I also have really been wanting to try this garlic parmesean skillet bread recipe that I saw recently. I love bread (carbs are my ultimate weakness aside from ice cream of course) and when I saw this picture I was sold!



Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bread
1 can flaky buttermilk biscuits
3 Tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 tsp Italian seasoning or Carrabba's bread dip seasoning
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
8" saute pan


Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in saute pan. Add garlic, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cut biscuits into quarters and toss in saute pan. Place whole pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and slide onto platter for serving.


(to be updated after dinner!)

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I love everything! The new name, the new look, and the new recipes. You're so cute! Love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much buddy! I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this blogging thing! :)

    ReplyDelete