Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Race is Won (or at least finished)!

Well... I did it! I officially ran a 10K (6.2miles)!! And I even beat my time from my previous race. I (mainly my legs) am still in shock!

About two and a half years ago, my dad and I ran our first 10K race. I had originally planned to run in the Double Decker race with my best friend Mary Grace the year before, but during our intense training she came down with appendicitis. And if you haven't heard the story, it's only a matter of time! ha ha

So I talked my dad into running with me and my friend Katie and her family. Here's a picture of us after we crossed the finish line.



Well today, my dad and i attempted our second 10K under MUCH cooler conditions. It was about 28 degrees when we woke up in the morning, and reached about 33 by the time the race started. The route went through downtown Birmingham and up through the side of Red Mountain and back down through 20th street (where I work) to the finish line. There were over 1,650 people in the race, and I was the 411th female to finish! My main goal was to beat my time from the previous race and my final time was 1 hour and 2 minutes!



And I had a special surprise waiting for me after the race!



I am really glad I did this race because it gave me a goal to work towards, so hopefully I can keep up the training, especially with the holiday season swiftly approaching!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations buddy, I'm so proud of you! And sweet Bella looks so precious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Jilly! You and Bella look adorable. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete