Monday, July 4, 2011

Nutella Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies

Happy 4th of July everybody! If you are looking for a last minute dish to bring to your party (and I mean last minute because it's already lunchtime), these cookies are to die for! I promise they will be a hit, and they're so easy to make!


This is my first time to try Nutella, and it is delicious! If you haven't tried it before, it's a hazelnut spread, similar to peanut butter, but much sweeter! Using this spread in the batter makes the cookies moist and chewy, and they stay that way for severa
l days!

Nutella Gooey Butter Cookies

1 box chocolate cake mix ( I use chocolate fudge)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella (add more if you like)
powdered sugar
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the crea
m cheese and butter until smooth. Add the egg. Then beat in the Nutella and vanilla extract. Mix in the cake mix.

Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you
can roll the batter into balls.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls (I used a medium cookie scoop) and then roll them in powdered sugar. Place on an cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake 12-14 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey.


I made these last weekend for a cookout and before I remembered to take a picture of the end result they were all gone! Great excuse though to make them again this weekend when my family came to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment