Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May is the Month for Music

I have spent the last few weekends spending time with my besties and listening to all kinds of good music! My first mini road trip adventure took Rach, Whitney, and myself to the music mecca known as Memphis Tennessee. We got to go out on Beale Street, eat some good bar-b-q, and see a variety of bands from oldies like Jerry Lee Lewis to more current faves like Mumford and Sons.


My childhood best friend Cody served as our tour guide and we were glad to have him! One thing I have learned from going to these festivals is that music brings out an eclectic group of people to say the least!

Here are Whitney and I waiting to get into the festival. It's crazy that just a week after we were there this exact spot was completely flooded!

Next up was a beach trip down to Gulf Shores for the Hangout Fest. This was a 3 day festival on the beach jam packed with concerts and concessions and LOTS of people! And as you can see Jilly brought dear old Chicken Socks who was readily embraced by his new friends (and yes I had the same dress on, hate when that happens)!


Here we got to see the Foo Fighters, Cee Lo Green, Pretty Lights, the Avett Brothers..and below Whitney and I are waiting to get in to see Grace Potter and the Nocturnals!


I had a great time hanging out with the girls and laying on the beach, I was sad to come home!

Here's the group minus Emily and Jilly. I am truly blessed to have such a great group of friends, I don't know where I would be without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment