Monday, December 6, 2010

You scream! I scream!

We all scream for ICE CREAM!! I know if the temperature at your house this morning was anything like it was at my house, it’s hard to even think about cold treats. But, as most of you know, ice cream is my favorite food, hands down. Give me a heathbar blizzard from Dairy Queen and I am one happy gal!



Doesn't this look amazing? MMM....

So before I take a break from my alphabet menu to share some Christmas treats, I thought I would leave you with one last, simple recipe for low-fat ice cream!

You will need an ice cream maker. I got this one from Cuisinart for Christmas a few years ago and I am in love! I’m sure you grew up as I did, where homemade ice cream was made out of this noisy little contraption that you had to constantly pour ice and salt into while it blended. And I’m not sure if it was because I was little when I remember this, but it seemed to take forever! Well now that method is a thing of the past. This ice cream and yogurt maker from Cuisinart is quiet and doesn't make a mess!



Ingredients

1 can peaches packed in juice
2 cups lowfat vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup sugar

Directions

Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice. In a blender, pulse to chop the peaches. Add the vanilla yogur, sugar, and reserved peach juice. Process until smooth and the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Turn the machine on, pour the mixture into freezer bowl through ingredient spout and let mix until thickened, about 20-25 minutes.



Enjoy! And stay tuned for lots of Christmas goodies!

1 comment:

  1. I have that EXACT same ice cream maker! I got mine from my parents for Christmas a few years ago ... how have we never discovered this before? Haha! Can't wait to try this delicious-sounding treat:)

    ReplyDelete