Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Well I had all these plans to blog about my parties, treats, etc. but I failed to calculate how little time I would have over the holidays! Now that things have slowed down, I hope to pick back up where I left off and share my Christmas festivities with you!

Every year I try to have at least one party around Christmastime because I love the holiday and look forward to sharing my recipes and decorations with friends! This year I decided to have an ornament swap, mainly because I have absolutely no ornaments! I envy my friends who have collected ornaments since they were very small and now have a tree overflowing with memories. So I thought what a great way to both give and get an ornament!




Here is the invitation. I actually printed it on my printer at home and after a few aligning tweaks, I think they turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself!


I am going to save some recipes for my alphabet countdown but here are some pictures:





Here Leanne and Julie are showing off their ornaments!


I am not very crafty, but I have a ton of glass vases I have collected from throwing showers and I wanted to incorporate them into my decorating without spending a lot of money. So I picked these pinecones out of the woods by my house and got some fake snow at Pottery Barn and threw in a few ornaments and ta-da!




Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Your living room looks great, I LOVE the new rug and everything looks very warm and cheery will all the Christmas decorations!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those invitations are so adorable! And ditto Jilly, your living room looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Can't wait for ya'll to see it in person!

    XOXO to you both!

    ReplyDelete